Virginia Beach Parks + Recreation Administration Building
Rendezvous Apartments Entrance
Princess Anne Commons - Light Garden
Chrysler Hall Cultural Center Plaza Improvements
Grandy Village Learning Center
ODU Science Quad
Broad Creek Community Development
Landscape Architecture at VIA design
At VIA design, we believe that landscape architecture is more than just the design of outdoor spaces. It is a way to connect people to nature, to each other, and to the places they live.
We work with our clients to create unique solutions that preserve habitat, promote local plant varieties, and engage and educate with nature. We believe that our designs can make a positive impact on the environment, the community, and the individual.
Our approach to landscape architecture is based on the following principles:
- Sustainability: We design landscapes that are sustainable and resilient to the effects of climate change.
- Biodiversity: We promote biodiversity by incorporating native plants and wildlife habitat into our designs.
- Community: We create landscapes that are welcoming and engaging for people of all ages and abilities.
- Education: We use our landscapes to educate the public about the importance of nature and sustainability.
Our landscape architect principal, Keith Oliver, has over 30 years of experience in landscape architecture. While at his previous firm, InSites, he was responsible for the design of several award-winning projects, including the Broad Creek and the Lake Lawson projects.
Keith Oliver is a strong advocate for sustainable and equitable landscape design. He is a member of the American Society of Landscape Architects and the Landscape Architecture Foundation. We are proud to have Keith as a leader on our team. His expertise and passion for landscape architecture are an asset to our firm and our clients.
Planning and Landscape Architecture Awards
During his time at InSites and at VIA design, Keith Oliver has led a number of teams to award winning projects. These awards include:
- VA. Beach Planning Commission: Honor Award for Public Facility for Williams Farm Community Center, 2013 and Honor Award for Sustainable Development for TCC / Virginia Beach Joint Learning Resource Center, 2013
- HRACRE Best Education Project Merit Award, TCC Virginia Beach Joint Learning Center, 2013
- Virginia Chapter, American Society of Landscape Architects, Merit Award, Analysis and Planning, Lake Lawson/Lake Smith Natural Area Master Plan, 2011
- Virginia Chapter, American Society of Landscape Architects, Merit Award, Design, Broad Creek, 2011
- HRACRE Best Sustainable Design Merit Award, Grandy Learning Center, 2011
- White House Millennium Council: Outstanding Community Destination, Virginia Legends Walk, 2000
- VA. Beach Planning Commission: Outstanding Commercial Project, Red Mill Commons, 2001
- The Tucson Weekly: Best of Tucson Awards: Best Bike Path, Best Dog Walk, Best Leisurely Stroll – Rillito River Park, 1995-2000, 2002-2011; Best Plaza, 1998; Best Park, 1998; Best Park Runner Up, 1997, 1996; Best Public Landscape, 1998.